Wednesday, April 20, 2016

What Do You Do For Fun?...

besides torture yourself with a bunch of political crapola over which you have absolutely no control?

Julia Cameron's new book released yesterday,  It's Never Too Late to Begin Again: Discovering Creativity and Meaning at Midlife and Beyond, will be in my mail box today.  I'm such a fan of hers that I pre-ordered her newest book, something I rarely do.

Her book, The Artist's Way, remains a classic and one I turn to often for inspiration.

It goes hand in hand with this article by Mark Sisson Why Hobbies Are an Important Part of Primal Living
“So, what do you do?” We’ve heard the question (and likely asked it) a million times over when meeting people. It’s the standard line for small talk, but it’s always rubbed me the wrong way. Admittedly, the question itself isn’t the problem. I personally love hearing what people are up to, but the assumption behind the question—“What do you do to make a living?”—often won’t get you to the real stories. For me, I’d rather hear about how people feed their passions than how they pay their bills. For many if not most people, the two don’t go hand in hand. I think those passions might be in shorter supply these days, and it’s a sad turn of events for the collective creativity as well as personal well-being.  Read the Rest
I know what many of my readers are passionate about.  Woodsterman is a master work worker who turns out (pun intended) the most beautiful bowls, pens, and boxes, evah!  His lovely bride creates quilts, purses, and other gorgeous fabric items.  You can see their passion on full display at their website, Dust 'n Lint.

LL, over at Virtual Mirage, has so many interests it would be easier for you to head over and look at his "about me" page. 

Lone Star Parson, when not ministering to his flock, shoots, hunts, rides horses, and fishes.  Occasionally he actually catches one.  Included in his prayers everyday is the longing for a huge catfish.

Fran Porretto, over at Liberty's Torch, is a published author of many fine novels.  I know 'cause I've read them.

Always on Watch is a passionate teacher of truth.

Stogie, over at Saber Point, is mastering the upright bass and playing with a big band.  He's also a Civil War expert.

Terry, who blogs at Abbey Roads, is an artist of some of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen.  His shop, Dogwood Details, showcases his paintings.

How about you? Tell me what you do to feed your soul.


More:

The 5 T’s of Mastering the Art of Poise

8 Ayurvedic Herbs That Actually Work


 

No comments: