Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Suicide: The ultimate act of selfishness...

people who commit suicide (IMO) are sick.

Their egos are so wounded that they can't see the damage they leave behind.  They have devolved into a complete state of narcissism where they have determined the world revolves around their pain. Many are schizophrenics - a very nasty affliction and not of their doing.

However, to willfully involve others in aiding your demise is just horrible.

The Blaze reports:

A man fatally shot by San Francisco police after entering a restricted parking lot and reaching for a replica gun inside his waistband left behind a suicide note (found on his phone), authorities said.

In the note, the man identified as Matthew Hoffman, 32, told officers he was using them to commit suicide.
“Dear Officer(s),”
“You did nothing wrong.”
“You ended the life of a man who was too much of a coward to do it himself. I provoked you. I threatened your life as well as the lives of those around me,” he continued. “You were completely within your legal rights to do what you did. You followed protocols. You did everything right.”
“I am so sad and I am so lonely. There is no place for me here. Please, don’t blame yourself. I used you,” he wrote. “I took advantage of you. I am so lost and I am so hopeless. God made a mistake with me. I shouldn’t be here. Please, take solace in knowing that the situation was out of your control. You had no other choice.”
While I sympathize with Matthew and applaud him for admitting that he "used" the police for his own death,  these officers, who were coerced into doing their job, will have to live with this the rest of their lives. 

No comments: