Monday, March 24, 2014

What are we to do?...

since the world is in such chaos.

The constant barrage of ugliness we are faced with everyday can become almost paralyzing. (How was that for a brilliant sentence straight out of an 8th 6th grade essay?  No, really - I can't recall the last time I wrote something that bad.  Oh, wait - yesterday??)

We worry about the Ukraine, Crimea, and Putin.  (Some of us do, anyway. I don't.) 

So-called experts in the false science of global warming are telling us we're about to be fried to a crisp while we shovel more snow.  (We didn't have a lot of snow this year, but I commiserate with those who did.)

Children can't read or do simple math, but are being forced to have even more sex education thrown at them while activists lobby for universal pre-K. (Proven not to work.) 

Barry Shaw, over at American Thinker, has listed the transgressions of our sitting president and David Kupelian, at World Net Daily puts together a profile of Valerie Jarrett.  

Of course, any rational person knows that Obama is nothing more than a sock puppet.  (At least this rational person does.)

The first lady is squandering millions upon millions of tax payer money to take her daughters and her mother on a vacation in China and Odumbo has taken off to globe trot around Europe - ostentatiously for "seeking to assure jittery allies and contain the volatile Ukraine crisis."   (Uh huh...)

Women libbers are out of control.  Just ask the brilliant Francis Porretto.  (More on Mr. Porretto later, after I attend to some actual work.)

What are we to do?

I don't know about you, and you should make your own decisions anyway.

So here's what I'm going to do.  (If anyone gives a cr*p, and I doubt they do.)

Think of it as my future to-do list stuck out here in cyber-space to maybe help others.  (If it doesn't, well, that's okay, too.)

In the future, considerable more time will be spent on the things I like to do, and not on what others think I should do.

There are many "prepper" (I hate that word, but it comes in handy once in awhile) sites where I spend time.  Guess what?  The people there are generally more generous with their knowledge and  certainly seem to be more happy.

My answer as to why that is?  It's because they are experiencing and exercising a bit of control. 

Our news today is engineered to make us fearful of things we cannot control.  No matter how outraged we are with what is going on in DC, the most we can do is splutter and raise our blood pressure.

But a person who is growing a garden, and/or organizing some items to make life easier in case of an unforeseen event, have a modicum of control.

Daisy Luther has this to say: 
Forget Doom and Gloom: Preparedness is the Ultimate Act of Optimism
Does this sound familiar?

You’re talking to a friend or family member who isn’t on board with preparedness.  (And it’s even worse when they think they know what’s going on in the world but garner their so-called “information” from network news sources.)  You try for the millionth time to get them to consider stocking up on a few things and they say this:

Life’s too short for all of this doom and gloom.  Live a little! You’re such a pessimist!

My response to this is that preparedness is the ultimate form of optimism.  Read the rest. No really, go read the rest, but don't forget to come back here for the rest of the great links and the video.  Thank you.
More:

Backdoor Survival:  12 Tips for Coping When Life Gets the Best of You

Mother Earth News:  65 Tips to Save Money Through Self-Reliance 

Always on Watch:   Thought For Today

Survival Sherpa:   Doing the Stuff Network Update (a great bunch of people!)

Acts of the Apostasy:   The Litany Of Humility



Check out the beautiful way this woman lives - brought to my attention by Kathleen, over at My Daily Musing. (Kathleen has assured me that if I decide to live in a cabin like this I may bring my makeup.  Thanks, Kathleen.)

My garden calls...





No comments: