Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Detroit: "I want me some Obama stash to bail out the city...

via Drudge.

This is going to be a long morning when the very first thing I clap my eyes on is the headline at Drudge:

Detroit: We voted for you, now bail us out.

It seems Councilwoman JoAnne Watson thinks "quid pro quo" is the way to go for Detroit.  What is most amazing is she said it at a council meeting - you know, "out loud."  She thinks since Detroit helped elect Obama the rest of the country should be forced to give their money to the famously mismanaged city.

By the way, in 2009 Ms Watson paid a grand totle of $68.00 in property taxes for a home that as listed as an empty lot.  No, really!

Here's the empty lot for your viewing pleasure.

According to the AP:
A Detroit City Council member who paid $68 in property taxes this year because city records indicate her home doesn't exist, said she thought damage caused by a tornado was the reason her bill was so low.
But JoAnn Watson couldn't recall exactly when the tornado struck her well-kept brick, Tudor-style home on the city's west side, saying it might have been 1993 or 2002. She said she was unaware of a city records discrepancy that has for the past decade listed the parcel as an empty lot, despite the home occupying the plot since 1926.
Owners of comparable homes pay $2,000 to $6,500 in property taxes.
The really hilarious part of the above story is:  (emphasis mine) 
"I've been a target of a smear campaign," Watson told reporters gathered outside her home on Sunday. "... I pay my bills and whatever I was billed, I paid."
When asked why anyone would want to "smear" her, Watson replied: "I don't smoke, I don't drink and I don't sleep around. It's an election year. I'll let you figure it out."  source
 Original story at Fox

Doesn't she kind of remind you of "Obama Phone Lady?"

No comments: