Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I must dash off...

and buy some black slacks.

Tomorrow I start my new job and my "uniform" will be black slacks and a white shirt of some sort.  I thought I had a pair of black slacks and discovered to my chagrin that I don't.  How the heck did that happen?  Don't all women have a pair of black slacks?

 For a man, shopping for black slacks is no big deal.  Go into a store, grab some pants that are marked 34/32, and, lo and behold, they're 34/32.

For a woman it's a bit more fraught with angst and peril.  Size 10 does not mean size 10.  No siree, Bob.  It may mean size 6 or it may mean size 12.  And then you have the length thingy.  We get to choose between tall, average (whatever the hell that means), and petite.  What constitutes these lengths varies from brand to brand.  And what length we pick depends on the shoes we'll be wearing.  High heels call for a different length than flats or sandals.  Starting to see the problems?

So, first the slacks, then a pair of comfy black shoes, and finally a stop by my new job to make sure all the supplies I need are present and accounted for.  And all of this before the debate. 

I also need to get cracking on roasting all those tomatoes, making some Primal diet crackers using almond and coconut flour, and, time permitting, making some artichoke/jalapeno/Parmesan cream cheese spread for the debate.  Oh - and pick up hubby's prescription and find some cauliflower I can afford. Oy vey!!

Wish me well.  Thank you!

No comments: