Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I have no worries about Romney...

and neither should you.

It appears since Santorum has dropped out of the race, Mitt Romney will clinch the nomination.  I've said very little one way or another about any of the people who have run because I'm squarely in the camp of "anyone but Obama." 

Weeks ago I told my husband and my local circle of conservative friends that Romney would have no choice but to follow the conservative agenda.  It might not be as radical as some would like, but I believe he will, as the politician he is, stick his wet finger in the air and decide that to govern any other way would be political suicide.

As to Romneycare being a sticking point?  I have had my fears over this issue, but he has said from the beginning that his plan was a state plan, and states have the right to make such decisions and the federal government doesn't.  He's right and it will be the argument he will use against Obama. 

We must face the fact that Romney will get the nomination and the time for in-fighting is over.  Romney needs to know we are behind him, which will hopefully give him the strength to fight the fight of his life; not just for himself, but for all of us. 

My prayers go out to him and his family. 

There are others who agree with me:

Keith Koffler:   Mitt would govern as conservative

Jamie Jeffords:    Rick Santorum Ends Presidential Bid

Hack Wilson:   Romney vs. Obama. Is there a difference?


Pundette:   GOP establishment wins


Chris Wysocki:  Santorum drops out, can we get one cheer for Romney?

 

No comments: