Friday, April 13, 2012

The Beetle Battle is over...

I won.

We've had these little black beetles around before.  A few here, a few there. No big deal. Until this year when they decided to make my home their "occupy space."  We called them the little "commie bastard bugs."

They looked much like the ones pictured on the right.  They were crawling around my foundation, hiding in my wood pile, and even heading up the side of the house.  I grabbed my Malathion and sprayed around the outside of house. Bad move.  The next morning they were holding a convention inside my house and were clearly agitated.

After spending a bit of time on the internet to "pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it" (thanks to Saul Alinsky for the help), I settled on the cure.

Enter stage left:

Ortho Home Defense MAX


Now the only ones I see are toes up and registering room temperature.  Thanks Ortho!

No comments: