Monday, March 5, 2012

My live chat with Carbonite... w/Update

since all the circuits to their 800 number are jammed.

Update #1:  Additional update below. Welcome DaTechGuy readers.  If you're a fan of Peter, it is testimony to your good taste. And linked by Instapundit - Thanks!

Carl D. - Boston, MA (Listening)
Carl D. - Boston, MA: Hi, my name is Carl D. - Boston, MA. How may I help you?

Adrienne : I wish to cancel my account 

Carl D. - Boston, MA: On which computer please?

Adrienne : Both computers.  I would also like $56.00 returned to my Am Express account for my renewal that was due on #/2.  Please feel free to keep the .05 for the three days of service I received. 

Adrienne: due on 3/2   sorry

Carl D. - Boston, MA: Can I have the name and address on the account along with the last four digits on the card used to  purchase Carbonite.

Adrienne: Adrienne    xxxx E. Horsehaven  Post Falls, ID      last four digits  xxxx

Carl D. - Boston, MA: Thank you , I will submit your refund request to our Refunds Department. Once your refund has been processed you will receive an email informing you it has been credited to your credit card.

Adrienne : Thank you.  Since your CEO has made it clear that he doesn't care about my business because I listen to Rush Limbaugh (who is the one responsible for my subscribing to Carbonite in the first place) , I have decided to take my business elsewhere.  Please convey the message to your managers and CEO. 
  
Carl had no response... 

Update #2:  Just received an email saying the refund would be posted today.  They included the 5 cents...heh


Email from my computer guru in response to my husband's email:

Harold,

Political correctness is ruining America!!!!  Makes me ill.
Anyways, I recommend this company for all my clients, and I have about 50 of my clients using it.  It’s safe, easy to set up, and affordable.  Take a look, and see what you think.


Let me know if you have any questions.  You can back up multiple computers to one account (so you only need one), just choose the one with enough size.  I would imagine the 150 gb plan would be plenty for you and Adrienne.

No comments: