Friday, September 23, 2011

"I don't like Obama's policies, but I like him as a person"...

makes not one bit of sense.

Ever so often I run up against that statement, usually by someone who doesn't want to appear "judgmental."  What it really means is that a person and his actions are two separate entities.  It means our current president can insult the majority of the people in this country by calling them terrorists and bitter-clingers, advocate for the death of infants born alive after a botched abortion, and spend our federal tax dollars to fund abortions in other countries.  He can consider the continued funding of Planned Parenthood, again with our tax dollars, to be a top tier requirement for the good of the nation.

How can he refuse, at whim, to carry out the laws of this country such as DOMA and spend millions of our tax dollars to fly around the country campaigning for his re-election, hand out our money to a company like Solyndra that was doomed to failure from the beginning, embarrass us on the international stage, and still be a likable fellow?
 
How exactly is that possible?

Is he fun to chat with at a cocktail party?  Does he have a sharp crease in his pants?  Do you think he's "cute" or a good speaker?  I have a newsflash for all you squishy folks who think a person's actions are a separate matter from who they are.  A person's actions tell us exactly who they are and the Obamas are clearly not worthy of being liked.

Update:  From the combox
conservativesonfire said...
Well said, Adrienne. One can also judge a person by his friends. Look back at who Obama's friends have been and one sees that they were all Marxist. There is nothing to like about this man.
I forgot that part.  Thanks to ConF for reminding us.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Adrienne. One can also judge a person by his friends. Look back a who Obama's friends have been and one sees that they were all Marxist. there is nothing to like about this man.

Randy-g said...

I despise him as a man, and his policies.

Adrienne said...

Jim - oooops! Left out that good thought. My bad!

Adrienne said...

Randy - my depths of dislike for this "man" know no bounds - or something. Like you said - despise is a good word

Quite Rightly said...

I hear "I like Obama as a person"--or variations on the theme--quite often. The variation that currently is circulating through my neck of the woods is: "Obama is a good person. He's really trying."

Arrgghh.

Millions and millions of people are suffering and our country is going down the tubes, but it's all okay because "Obama is a good person"?

Good people don't inflict their incompetence in any given area on as many people as possible.

Obama has decided to inflict his incompetence on the entire world!

Geesh!

Anonymous said...

In other words, I am not a racist. Some of my best friends are black. I think it goes something like that.

Adrienne said...

Quite Rightly - what I find most disconcerting is that people who say that don't even know him personally.

Adrienne said...

Bunkerville - Exactly!!

Terry Nelson said...

My bad. Sorry!

Adrienne said...

Terry - ?

Love you...

WomanHonorThyself said...

long time no see girl! agreed!..the man is evil..his deeds speak for themselves............ Have a sweet weekend my friend!!..xxoo

ignorant redneck said...

Actually, I consider him quite charming--much like a CON MAN or a SOCIOPATH STALKER!

I wouldn't want him ting my daughter--or even my dyspeptic billy goat!

Mark D. said...

You can judge a tree by its fruit, and a person by action. What has Obama done? That indicates his quality as a person.

Amusing Bunni said...

Who on earth would like that POS as a person!
The boot licking MSM can't even come up with ONE friend (besides the bath house buds who are mostly now al dead).

No one from his school days have claimed knowing him, esp. WOMEN. Who in their right mind would ever like this bum? Plus, you have to act like a Person, to be liked as a person, just sayin.