Thursday, July 28, 2011

Adding something new to the conversation...

is a rule of blogging.

Problem is, I have nothing to add except to repeat my prediction:
At the end of this Kabuki theater, we will have higher taxes, more spending, no significant cuts, and the debt ceiling will once again be raised.
This thing playing out in Washington is ridiculous.  Do these employee's of the American people really believe we're so dumb as to not see what's going on?  Silly question.  Of course they do. 

Republican Redifined says it well in Rand Paul on Debt Ceiling Debate: Standing on Principle
Ten-year projected cuts, another frigging commission, no entitlement reform, a debt ceiling increase without a budget, and no balanced budget amendment…?  Are those the terms worth wagering next November’s election over?  Are they worth missing the opportunity to repeal ObamaCare before it destroys the health care system in this country and creates an entitlement program that will never be undone?  Call me a naysayer, but “NO” is the only word that comes to mind. 
Computer

 Let's make this fast before my computer freezes up again.  There is more, but my poor computer is acting beyond ornery right now.  I don't have an hour or more to put up a simple post.   The good news is my hubby's brand new custom built computer is due to be delivered any day and then, guess what?????  I'll be having a brand spanking new, guaranteed to be lightening fast, computer built.  Whoeeee!

Update on Angela

I want to thank all of you who have prayed or otherwise shown concern for my beautiful missing kitteh Angela. Tomorrow will be one week since we have seen her and we fear we never will see her again.  I suspect something nefarious.  My only consolation is knowing that at age 17 she has had a wonderful life starting from when we brought her home from the Humane Society. 

My younger kitteh, Erica, is acting nervous and depressed even though Angela delighted in making Erica's life miserable.  I guess it proves that old saying about you can even miss getting hit over the head with hammer when it stops. 


Quick - hit the publish button...

Yay!

6 comments:

Randy-g said...

I agree 100% with your predictions Adrienne, and I am sorry your kitteh has not returned. 17 years is a good long life(not that it makes it easier)but I am willing to bet with you and your hubby, that cat was spoiled and happy!

Zilla said...

I am sorry that Angela has not returned yet, I had a cat who vanished for 3 weeks when he was about 14 years old. he came back, he needed a visit to the vet & some TLC, but we had him for a few more years after that. I don't want to give you false hope, but sometimes they do come back even when logic would dictate that they can't. (((hugs)))
I don't want to talk about the debt ceiling crap, your prediction is the thing most likely to happen.
I have been a registered Republican all of my life, but I am really disliking the gutless weenies in the GOP these past few years. They should change parties & get it over with already.

Patrick Button said...

I'm sorry about your kitten!
I feel similarly about the debt crisis. Sometimes, there is nothing more that can be said.

LSP said...

Spot on prediction, I'd say.

But look, as a short-term 'fix', why not simply confiscate all of Piers Morgan's money? For the good of the people...

Cheers.

Terry Nelson said...

I agree with the predictions as well.

I'm sorry about Angela - I've been wondering.

Republican Redefined said...

Sorry I missed this. I publish in Wordpress and for whatever reason it has at least a 48 hour lag from blogger.

I certainly share your frustration with this debate. While my position has "evolved" somewhat through the process, by underlying frustration with the fact that real reform is not on the table has never wavered.

That said, sometimes rational voices on the our side of things have stay locked on repeat to balance the mantra from the Left. If they're going to run the same narrative 24/7 maybe its our duty to be a bit redundant.

And on the other note. Hope the cat finds her way home or is safe and happy wherever she may be. At 17, I'm sure she has no doubt lived a very full life and is doing her own thing her way wherever she is. She is a cat and a female. My life's experience havent' taught me much, but they have taught that's pretty much how both like to have things.

T