Thursday, January 13, 2011

A very weird memorial service...

if you ask me.

First you give it a name.  Then you make some T-shirts and programs in bright red and blue. Finally you make sure the audience (mostly college students) were not given instructions on behavior.  Viola!  A campaign kick-off worthy of the narcissist-in-chief.

Last night and today, there are many members of the "right" climbing all over themselves to prove how bi-partisan they are by praising Obama's "eloquent" speech.  A speech that was primarily focused on Gabrielle Giffords, who is, if I'm not mistaken, still alive.

Two of the victims most reported on were Roman Catholics and probably the rest of them were Christians.  What better way to soothe the families then by having a pagan blessing by a part native American waving a feather around, and whose Mexican half received rousing cheers.  It's difficult to even find the names of the other victims because they don't advance the agenda quite as well as a federal judge and a lovely little nine-year old girl.

Nope.  I'm not impressed, and neither is Casey Fiano:

Kicking off the 2012 campaign on the shoulders of the dead
Everyone is buzzing about the Tucson pep rally memorial service yesterday. The consensus seems to be that Obama was presidential and gave a wonderful speech that hit all the right notes. Ed Morrissey went so far as to say it might be the finest moment of his presidency. Rich Lowry called it a magnificent performance. Jim Hoft said it was the best speech he’s ever given. William Jacobsen called it a good speech, better in writing than in delivery. Charlie Martin was pleasantly surprised at the tone of the speech. And on and on and on. The overwhelming response seems to be fawning praise. It’s so amazing! The president gave a good speech! How wonderful!
I disagree.    read the rest
The Camp of the Saints is also underwhelmed:

Enough Is Enough, Conservatives
[...]It is time we on the Right realize that there is no reasoning with the Left, that they will not listen.
Their minds are closed and bolted shut to any arguments because they believe they have found THE ANSWER, the Way. The Progressives believe they are the only Enlightened Ones and that we are, at best, misguided idiots, and, at worst, dangerous and insane lunatics. This is what they believe. Don’t kid yourself that they view us as anything but fools or thought criminals. Just think of the ways they describe us and our ideas…go ahead, think…I’ll wait…well? In their depraved way of thinking, the Left believes that the Right is evil. read the rest


More:

MOTUS: And the Oscar goes to
American Thinker:   My Name is Betsy. I'm a Killer
Randy's Roundtable:  A (MSM) Hit Job That Just May Be A Real Hit Job 


In other important news:

The Lonely Conservative:   How to Save Social Security
The Reaganite Republican:   Israeli Defense Forces on Alert in the Wake of Lebanese Government Collapse 

11 comments:

Quite Rightly said...

I'm with you on this Adrienne. I'm still searching for the words.

Amusing Bunni said...

I'm glad smart people are seeing this for what it was. I did torture myself and watch, as it was on all the networks. My take on O's "performance" during that service was that it was disgraceful. It was a political rally! The way he used that young girls murder to chastize people to be nicer! I did not see her parents in the audience! I have to read all the reports, but at first glance, it looks like THEY WERE'NT THERE! Does anyone know if this is so?

And, then how he said after he visited the Congresswoman, she opened her eyes! Making like he's the Messiah or something, healing the sick. Another disgraceful usurping of a solemn event. I hate to say, "I TOLD YOU SO", but there you go! I knew this would happen. A college Pep Rally, not a "Memorial Service" by any stretch of the imagination. And now I read there was BEER BEING SOLD, and ppl bussed in! Mooshell couldn't even WEAR BLACK, OMG. Horrid but not surprising, sadly. URRRRGH. God Help US!

Randy-g said...

Nothing Obummer is involved in is what it appears.
But a pep rally at a memorial? Wellstone II. I will pray the fallen and their families don't feel soiled by this ego filled/narcissist.
And thanks "young lady" for the linkage....

republicanmother said...

How did they have all those T-shirts printed up so fast?

It looked like a re-education camp meeting to me. We're all dressed the same and we'll the listen to the Man tell us how we're all going to get along.

Adrienne said...

QR - knowing you - you'll find some very good words ;-)

Adrienne said...

Bunni - I searched all over for that little girl's Mom and didn't see her. I don't think there was family from a lot of victims there. Didn't seem that way to me, anyhoo...

Adrienne said...

Randy - yep!

Adrienne said...

republican Mom "It looked like a re-education camp meeting to me

Well said...

Bob Belvedere said...

Thank you, Adrienne.

Maybe I can help out QR: you just need one word, 'Pathetic'.

Republican Mother: Maybe they're waiting for the Hale-Bopp Comet to pass by again?

Blue said...

A rally reminiscent of those in Germany in the 1930's.... I don't think that obama was chastizing all the people to be "nicer". Just the conservatives. The most divisive president that I remember.

Conservative Pup said...

So glad to read your great post, and all the comments. I was a little surprised and more than a little disgusted with all the conservative fawning over that 'speech.' The best I can say about the speech is that is was well-written, and well-delivered. But, the President of the United States didn't do or say anything to set the tone, to change the tone. He could have, but he chose not to. That's all I needed to know.

Your post linked today at my site.