Friday, November 5, 2010

Obama leaves for India. Americans breathe a sigh of relief...

Remember when you were a kid and your teacher called in sick?  You knew the substitute was nothing more than an overpriced babysitter and you'd be drawing pictures all day and having an extra long recess.  That's how I feel whenever that fool leaves the country.  Never mind that we have absolutely no idea of why he's going and it's costing us the equivalent of GDP of Texas. Sometimes it's just seems worth the cost.

Judging from the underwhelming number of posts lighting up my reader, I'm assuming everyone is as tired as I am after the elections.  It takes a huge toll on the human body to suffer through weeks and weeks of hyper-alertness.  This is a good weekend to plan our next moves. 

I have just a few more days to get more work done outside so posting will be light.  In the meantime Fuzzy Slippers has the "post that caught my eye" this morning - and we thank her!

On the Shellacking and the Next Two Years

"Remember November" was a raging success.  Oh, sure, BO came out and said he'd taken a "shellacking," and indeed, he did.  But he also made it abundantly clear that he has absolutely no idea--none at all--why.  Color me unsurprised. So he's going to reach out to Republicans, he's got an open door to hear their ideas, he's blah blah blah . . . the same tired crap we heard all last year.  The only difference is that now he may actually return phone calls from Republican leaders, and he may even deign to meet with them (while he mentally sticks his fingers in his ears and hums to block them out.  Actually, come to think of it, I would not be in the least surprised if he did just that.).  What he will not do, what he is incapable of doing, is stepping down from his ideological pedestal.  His idea of "compromise" is exactly the same as it's always been:  get on board with my agenda or I'll call you an "obstructionist."  read the rest of this fine post

And Nice Deb has a "kick-donkey"  roundup for us - we also thank her!


See you all later today.


Play nice while I'm gone and use your "inside" voices...

1 comment:

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

No surprise here, eh?
It just gets "richer and richer"...to coin an Irish phrase...
WTH?
Okay, I'm using my "inside voice" (we have to remind the JR Terrier here constantly about this!)
Kisses, Auntie A!