Monday, May 17, 2010

Two Things plus some updates so it's no longer "two" things. Sigh...

Reaganite Republican has pointed me to the Arizona Secure the Border site.  There is a call to sign a petition in support of Arizona's immigration law.  Take a moment and sign the petition to support both Arizona and Gov. Jan Brewer.



 From: Secure the Border
Arizona has become the center of a renewed national focus on border security and illegal immigration since Governor Brewer signed SB1070.  For too long the calls to Washington have been unanswered and the border remains unsecured. 

However, instead of taking action to help, the state has come under attack by people who are misrepresenting Arizona’s laws and trying to hurt our efforts to support the rule of law. They include President Obama, Al Sharpton, the East Coast media, and political strategists who are trying to use the issue of illegal immigration for political gain.

The calls for boycotts and misrepresentation of Arizona’s law only hide the real problem – the need to SECURE THE BORDER.  We’re asking citizens from across the United States to stand up in support of Arizona and the need to secure the border.

If you want to stand up with Secure the Border - Support Arizona, please join us in showing your support by adding your name to the petition.
 Number Two on my List

 I have been reading a blog for quite some time now called The Daily Nigger.  Another of my favorite blogs, McNorman, led me to this rather pithy site.  I have been reluctant to link because on occasion the language is a bit salty.  What attracts me to the Daily Nigger is the ability the writer has to cut through to the heart of most matters.   Clearly this is an educated person who writes well.  While I sometimes disagree with the conclusions he/she reaches,  more often than not I am in complete agreement.

Today's article is a perfect example of "cutting to the chase" and expresses quite well many of my recent thoughts. 

As A History Addict, I Do Not Believe In Death…
I am addicted to history. I guess if you have read The Daily Nigger long enough you would have gotten that impression about me and the Head Nigga in Charge over here at the corporate headquarters located in the Mississippi Delta, just down the road from the cotton gin and to the right down the gravel road by the grain elevator. Yes, me and the HNIC have a curious little symbiotic relationship going, whereby he assumes the “role” of the massa’s house nigga and I assume the role of the humble, loyal slave out in the field singing like there’s no tomorrow. It’s all so nice and neat. The story line is almost too predictable. That’s what makes it so hard to believe. But it’s true. Every last bit of it is.

History is a fabulous tool if used properly. Once understood, one has the choice to either go against it or ride it like a wave to shore. The point is, does anybody have a crystal ball? Can anybody really see what’s coming? Well, all you have to do is look at history and you will see precisely what I am referring to. read the rest


DaTechGuy is on a roll with this great article:  Pussyfooting about the issue of what Christianity is.  We thank him...

LarryD brings us Church Sign Apologetics.  Too funny!!


5 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

Thanks, Duchess, for the link! You are the best!

Terry Nelson said...

I thought you were a princess? Anyway - the "N" word isn't supposed to be used any longer - is it?

Mary Ellen said...

Petition signed!

Abbey's Road said...

I was browsing an antique shop a few days ago and found a very old book, from 1914, which was compiled of various essays regarding the downfall of America. In 1914, you ask? Yes! One of the things I found in my perusal was a section on sending illegal aliens back to whence they came, no "ifs, ands or buts about it."

I am proud that Arizona has taken a stance. Damn the torpedos, Obama. Your reign of terror is half over, and I am counting the days til you will be gone and remembered less for nobility and more for partiality!

Why is there a State Dinner at the White House for a Mexican president, and the invitee lists are members of Congress of Mexican/Spanish descent, and the usual list of African American Hollywood friends?

I'm just sick ... I can't write anymore, though I have a lot on my mind!!

Maryellen said...

Adrienne, your blog sparkles with so many resources. I haven't gone to the DailyNigger blog, yet. Just wanted to stop to say Hi first and pick up the link later when I return after pressing duties.

Keep up the good work, Queenie :)