Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A great find at Costco

I made my usual fast run through the book section of Costco, hoping against hope that they might, against all odds, have a copy of Woodrow Wilson and the Modern Roots of Liberalism (a very expensive book.)  No such luck.  But they did have A Patriot's History of the United States.

After plowing through about 100 pages since returning home, it is clear why Rush and Glenn recommend this book. 



The Woodrow Wilson book in hardcover is $94.90 and the paperback is $30.17.   Ouch!   I checked our library when I was in there a few days ago and they have a copy, but now it appears to have disappeared from their catalog. I'll hop on the phone tomorrow and find out where that pesky Wilson guy is hiding.

4 comments:

Mark D. said...

The Patriot's History is a great book -- I've had it for awhile and I enjoy reading it. It isn't as good as Paul Johnson's History of the American People, but it still is a very good history, written from a refreshingly pro-American perspective. How novel!

Ken & Carol said...

I always take my kids, when they come to Montana, to the local CostCo. It is the best advertisement for a global market system that we have.

Sherry said...

Miss you Adrienne.

Ebeth said...

HEY Adrienne! I just bought the Patriot's History book at Sam's the other week. Can't put it down!!