Saturday, April 10, 2010

Divine Mercy

My child, know that the greatest obstacles to holiness are discouragement and an exaggerated anxiety. These will deprive you of the ability to practice virtue. All temptations united together ought not disturb your interior peace, not even momentarily. Sensitiveness and discouragement are the fruits of self-love. Have confidence, My child. Do not lose heart in coming for pardon, for I am always ready to forgive you. As often as you beg for it, you glorify My mercy.




From the diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, Divine Mercy in My Soul © 1987 Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception, Stockbridge, MA 01263. www.marian.org.

2 comments:

X said...

LOVE that image!

Mary Ellen said...

Adrienne- I just got this information from Nazareth Priest and thought you might want to see it. The Knights of Columbus are starting a Novena for Pope Benedict XVI starting today (Mercy Sunday). The information is on my blog if you are interested or would like to pass it along to any of your friends.

Here ya go..

http://me414.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/novena-for-pope-benedict-xvi/

Thanks!

Oh! And a very blessed Mercy Sunday to you!