Sunday, March 14, 2010

LarryD is sure one smart feller...

LarryD, over at Acts of Apostasy, happens to be one of the most talented humor writers I've run across in my entire life.  He ranks up there with the likes of Dave Barry.  Most people who are funny, are funny because they're smart.  Ever meet a not very bright person who was funny?  Me either.

When Larry gets serious, he pretty much always hits the center of the target.  In his post "Is the Church a Listening Church?,  he lays to rest all the nonsense that has developed, courtesy of those who would like to refashion the Church to fit ill-conceived ideas of what they think "church" should be. We're not going to be "Singing a New Church" into being.

My advice to anyone who doesn't like the doctrines of the Church; find a comfy place where you can pick and choose what you wish to believe. Can't find something to believe?  Well, heck - just make it up then.

3 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

Thanks for the link, luv!

Larry Denninger said...

P.S. Fix the title - shouldn't it be "one" and not "on"? :-)

Adrienne said...

Larry - Arrrrrgh! I hate it when that happens. I spent so much time ripping apart a sentence trying to get it right (and didn't really succeed) that I forgot my number one rule - check the dang title for misspellings. No spell check on the title...