Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Funnies are up at The Reaganite Republican

Terry has found some words of wisdom for us: Real Catholic....More Internet Precautions

The Digital Hairshirt has some harsh words for crazy politicians and parking fees.  Holy carp! I never heard of paying for parking at a grocery store.


Money Quote of the Day
A prophet is a man with a dangerous mission. He is not called to singlehandedly rescue the beautiful princess from the tower, nor to save the world from the killer aliens. The mission of the prophet is far more dangerous because, even though his life will be at risk at every moment, he is not to take any weapons to defend himself.

The prophet is called to stand, unarmed, in the market place, in the church, on the radio or on the television and – speak the word of God.  Father John Speekman Homily 4th Sunday/Ordinary Time
I'm heading off to church to give my best imitation of a "devout" Catholic (whatever the heck that is), and then will finish dinner preparations for our small dinner party this evening. I posted the menu at Adrienne dePitera 'cause it makes me look like some kind of gourmet cook. 

I really think it's important to get away from all the political crimes posturings of our elected officials.  It just can't be healthy to wallow in this stuff 24/7.  Thankfully our guests this evening are into music, work-working (oooops - wood-working - although work-working works too), and model railroads - all things I love.







2 comments:

Tracy said...

loved your Sunday funny!!

Mary Ellen said...

Every time I come to your blog I find another great blog to read, thanks to your links. My blogroll is getting bigger (and better) each week! Thanks, Adrienne!