Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a Pithy Kind of Day...

It's no secret that I like Mark Steyn, and it's not just because of his dreamy eyes or, as my mother would say, his overall "white bread" appearance (it's true - opposites attract!)  No - just like guys always claiming they get Playboy just to read the fine articles (yeah, right!), my primary attraction to Mark is his fine writing.  He, like moi, likes to "cut to the chase."  Unlike moi, he does it so much better.  I'm jealous! 

More Washington by Mark Steyn  
As Obama sees it, whatever the problem, the solution is more Washington.
[...]  "As my colleague Rich Lowry put it after the Massachusetts vote, the public thinks Obama doesn’t get it, and Obama thinks the public doesn’t get it. And as he’s got the microphone, he’s gonna keep talking at you until you do get it.

The ever tinnier, more perfunctory sophomoric uplift at the start and finish can’t conceal the hope-killing, jobs-slaying, soul-sapping message in between, which is perfectly consistent, and has been for two years. As President Obama sees it, whatever the problem — from health care to education, banking to the environment — the solution is more Washington."
read the rest

Peter Schiff has lots of years and experience in the field of economics. I listen to him because of his expertise.  One thing I do know and can sum up in my "cut to the chase" modus operandi is this:
  1. The Government does not create jobs
  2. In order for any government, business, or home to be successful, it must make more than it spends.
  3. You cannot buy your way out of debt.
  4. Life is simple if you just don't overthink it...

There is no doubt that President Obama is one of the most polarizing and divisive people to ever inhabit the White House.  About the only "person" in this country that hasn't been insulted, belittled, or marginalized is his dog Bo.  Watch out Bo - there's still room under that bus... 


I know such smart people!  I read President Obamas Catch 22 over at my buddy Mark's place and lo and behold Smitty, over at The Other McCain,  picked it up and ran with it and produced even more great observations with The Center Can Be No-Man’s Land.  It bears repeating - it's not what you know, but who you know.  Over the past several years, I've been privileged to meet some very smart people.

I've made some additions to my blogroll including Pundit and Pundette, who were nice enough to link to me. I've been reading them for quite some time, but in my usual scattered ADD manner, took  awhile to actually get them up and running here.  I need a life coach. Really!

I'm having a small dinner party tomorrow night so blogging will be slower than usual.  The good Lord knows we all need a bit of a break.

I'll be posting the menu at Adrienne dePitera (if you're interested)

2 comments:

Smiley said...

Did he really say teabag people? hehehe.
NEXT PART NOT FOR KIDS
teabag is homosexual slang for .....the process of inserting scrotum into recipients oral orifice and then removing, thus simulating the action of a teabag in a cup of hot water.
I am really beginning to wonder about the orientation of the Prez.

jill said...

Thanks for the link!

I'm going to add you to my little list of Steynettes (see left sidebar). I heart Mark, too. Not sure what he'd think of being called "white bread" but I'm sure he'd say something brilliant/funny/etc.