Friday, September 4, 2009

A palate cleanser pincushion

As we head into the holiday weekend to gird our loins for the battle that lies before us (and drink beer, eat bbq, and have fun), I really need to tell you what world-class grade-A whining will get you.

The bestest and most beautiful pincushion, evah!!


Precious Sarah-Kala, who is "suffering" through a stint in gorgeous Hawaii, had a contest for a pincushion. I didn't win the pincushion. However the equally precious Kalona did win the pincushion, which was a good thing (kinda). It would have been waaaaaaay better if I had won the pincushion

My heartbreak knew no bounds as I HATED my pincushion. Much shopping, even in the best of fabric stores, yielded no fruit. Both Sarah and Kalona (who did offer to allow me to visit the pincushion over a plate of enchiladas in her home town of Austin, TX - what a gal!!!), discovered what happens when an Italian feels bereft with grief. Our motto (just ask Tony Soprano) is, "we always forgive but we never, ever forget."

So Sarah, being the smart young lady she is and fearing a horse's head in her bed, did the only logical thing she could possibly do. She sent me a pincushion. Wise move, Sarah.

Thank you Sarah
my life is complete

I have much linky-love to spread around but first I must run errands (including the Post Office - hint, hint, Sarah) and visit Costco.

Play nice while I'm gone! If not, at least don't get caught...

At Adrienne dePitera: Feeling Rich Friday

5 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Gosh! I love that you love it so much to post about it!
You really did not have to post me anything, btw, but you being Italian and all, I know I can't stop you either.
I'm such a mix, I claim my heritages when it may help me out of a sticky spot or explain my daftness. I'm German, Dutch, Irish, Finish, Swedish, and Norwegian. Chief is German, Irish, and English. My kids are so damn lucky!

Adrienne said...

Sarah - you must understand this - I do not love the pincushion - I LOOOOOOOOOVVE the pincushion.

It lives in a place of honor on my dresser in view of my side of the bed. Now that's love!

Packrat said...

That is so cute and bright and cheery. Almost makes one want to get down to business and actually sew something. :)

Adrienne said...

Packie - do something? Be still my beating heart...

MightyMom said...

poor lonely pincushion....looks a little bare...

lovely as it is.