Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Words of Wisdom

from the combox:

Sarah writes...

*****Dark days . . . but we must not forget we have the Light of Christ. We definitely have our work cut out for us, but we have to remember Thy Will Be Done . . . keep Christ in the middle of it and we will be fine.

*****Some times I read this stuff and it makes me feel bitter, helpless, depressed and scared. What to do? Get my weapon: the Rosary. I'm so grateful for this Faith - even if it means I don't understand it all and that true martyrdom may be required. I mean, St. Catherine was the girl who wanted to go die for the Faith in Muslim land (did I get the right Saint?). I mean, I'm not eager about death . . . but what could be more noble for Christ? Just to be willing?

We have to keep praying! Get better informed, make noise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ says to follow Him, and He suffered so therefore we will suffer--but the best part is with the "Light of Christ" after this life is over--it's an ETERNITY with Jesus!

Tracy said...

Excellent words!!

Sarah - Kala said...

I'm chuffed you'd post my comment there. I started my "treat" (retreat) with the book The Fire Within by Dubay and early on it did mention it was Teresa of Avila (not Catherine of Siena) who was willing to march off to convert Muslims with her brother . . . after I wrote this comment I worried about it all day . . . so last night, the answer was given. So, I stand humbly corrected.

Anyway, the Saints are so fascinating!