Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good Reads


Thought I would share some posts that I found to be very good. Brian Michael Page over at Christus Vincet posted this last May on the Baltimore Catechism. I think he did a wonderful job expressing how so many of us feel about the state of catechesis.

Father John Speekman’s homily for the third Sunday of Lent is up to his usual high standards.

The Mother of this Lot (Jackie) at Mother’s Pride is one of my favorite reads. This lady graciously lets us into her life with writing that is exceptionally funny. She always brings a smile to my face.

Finally, if you haven’t had a chance to visit Kit over at By the Brook: Kit’s Commentary, take a few moments to stop by and say Hi! Kit is a lawyer but we’re not going to hold that against her. Only kidding, Kit!

3 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

Thanks Adrienne! I feel like I've been nominated for the Booker Prize! Sorry the last couple of posts have been a bit maudlin, but I'm back to normal now!

Adrienne said...

Maudlin is ok. How could we appreciate the good times if we never had any bad times?

Besides, you even make your bad times funny:)

Kit said...

Hi and thanks Adrienne -- finally checking in! I've had a heck of a week. Another snow day yesterday, and a wacky arbitration the day before...and a new tooth through the night and during the day today with the little Prince. :)