Thursday, September 28, 2017

Steve Scalise is back...

may he continue to recover.







On Sale at Amazon:

FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System with Bonus Built-in Retractable Handheld Sealer & Starter Kit, Black Finish


I'm on my second Food Saver.  My first one lasted for a gazillion years.  I prefer to call it my "Money and Time" Saver.  

It would take a four page post to tell you all the ways I use my Food Saver.

Here's just a few:
  • I buy whole tri-tips at Costco, cut my own steaks, and vacuum seal them for a years worth of eating
  • The large chunks of cheese from Costco are cut into chunks and vacuumed.  They keep for many, many months in the refrigerator. 
  • I make meatballs (about 150) at one time and vacuum them for a huge time saver.
  • When chuck roasts are on sale I buy 3 or 4 extra, cook them (in my Instant Pot) and vacuum seal them for a pre-made dinner.  I do the same with meat loaf. 
  • I make my own Italian sausage (a minimum of two days work) and freeze it for a whole years worth of sausage. 
  • Large bags of Costco nuts (almonds, pecans, etc) are vacuumed in smaller batches and put in the freezer.  Good for years.
  • When burger is one sale I'll buy 20 pounds and freezer in 1 pound packages all flattened out for stacking in the freezer.
  • I do the same when chicken breasts are on sale.  
  • I buy large quantities of spices, put in pint jars, and vacuum to retain freshness.
  • Important papers and documents are vacuumed to keep them safe. 
  • I vacuum travel items to save space when packing and contain any leaks in toiletries. 
  • I'm not a hunter, but none of my friends who hunt would be without a Food Saver. They fill their freezer for the entire year every hunting season
One thing I don't like is making bags.  I've been using these bags and they are wonderful and much cheaper than Food Saver bags. 






No comments: