Saturday, March 5, 2016

Ted Cruz Rally In North Idaho...

over three thousand people with only a one day notice of event. 

 Fifteen hundred of us lucky ticket holders were inside, while sixteen hundred bravely stood outside.  At least the rain had eased off.

I arrived at the North Idaho Fairgrounds in Coeur d'Alene at noon and lined up in the rain.  Thank goodness I own a bunch of umbrellas.  The doors were to open at 1:00 pm and the event was to start at 2:00 pm, but Cruz landed at our airport about 2:15.  It's a short trip to the fairgrounds, so Cruz was on stage by 2:30.

Bravely standing in the rain waiting for the doors to open at 1:00pm.








People with tickets signing it.





The back peanut gallery with press and TV cameras in front of them


People gathering in the front section



 I was standing up front.  When you're 5'2" you become extraordinarily good at worming your way to the front of a pack of people.  I was right on the imaginary rope line. 

 
This little gal doing the signing for the deaf had the most expressive face I think I've seen. 


 Finally.  Ted Cruz

 The worst pictures I took all day were of Ted.  Good thing we all know what he looks like. 


Nice boots, Ted.



So why the pictures of the cars leaving the lot?

See that little white hybrid electric car in the middle of the picture to the right of the pickup?  Notice the white SUV jammed right up against it's rear patootie?  The driver of the hybrid was lollygagging around and not doing a good job of moving things along.  I could sense the SUV driver was so frustrated he was ready to either floor it and ram the living daylights out of the hybrid, or at least push it out the gate.  It made me chuckle while I ate my protein bar. 





No comments: