Friday, November 14, 2014

Trader Joe's, decluttering, and a recommendation...

 because I can't handle any more politics for this week.

It will be our first visit to the Trader Joe's in Spokane.

It doesn't take much to get us excited, now does it?

De-cluttering continues apace.

Two more boxes for the thrift store.

A really cool product to save you money:

Woolzies, Wool Dryer Ball, set of 6 ,Natural Fabric Softener 

or

the ones I bought:

Smart Sheep 6-Pack 100% Premium Wool Dryer Balls (XL, Handmade, Eco-friendly, All-Natural Fabric Softener--Great Gift or Stocking Stuffer!) 
 

I'm all about saving money.  Our electricity bill skyrockets in the winter since we have electric heat.  While we are pretty diligent about heating with our wood stove, this year we've already been way better at keeping the furnace off. 

The other factor is the clothes dryer.  In the summer I hang our clothes outside, but in the winter they go into the dryer for a short period and are then hung on hangers to dry. Unfortunately, due to their size, the sheets must be fully dried in the dryer.

I really questioned whether these wool balls would help with the drying.  After doing my due diligence on research, I decided to spend the $16.00 dollars.

Trust me on this - they work.

I would say on average they cut drying time (if you completely dry your towels and sheets in the dryer) by at least half.  I have Costco towels which are very heavy and would take as long as 45 minutes on high to dry.  Now they take about 20 minutes.  And they come out super fluffy, too.

An added bonus is the fun you'll have chasing balls all over the house if you fully open your dryer door before it quits spinning.






No comments: