Thursday, September 26, 2013

Over informed, overwhelmed, and outraged...

and Feedly has stolen my voice - or something.

Since I've been informed by many of my colleagues (who I hold in high esteem) that I should inform my readers of where I've been, I'll make a sad little attempt. 

About two weeks ago, something deep inside me sort of "snapped."  I started to ask questions that don't seem to have answers.

The primary question has been, "How did we, meaning the country, get to where we are now?"  We have a population of over 300 million people being harassed by a government completely out of control. 

The secondary question is, "How did the government, in particular the federal government, get so out of control?"

We are supposed to be a representative republic, which means we have elected people to represent us.  Right now that's not going too well.  It's become a contest to see which politicians can lie the most so they can head off to Washington and gather up all the perks their new job affords them.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty fed up.


Obamacare

Right now, the big issue is Obamacare.  Well, guess what?  If you don't like it, don't participate.  When the IRS bills you with an additional "tax", also known as a "penalty", depending on who you talk to, don't pay it.   While the IRS can add an Obamacare penalty to the balance of taxes due, the law does not give the agency power to go after taxpayers who fail to pay the penalties. They can deduct it from your refund if you have one coming, however, so make sure you don't have one coming.  It's as simple as that.

Common Core

Exactly why is the federal government allowed to stick it's nose in local school decisions?  Not that I think at this point it makes one bit of difference because the schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers for Marxist propaganda anyway.   I know a nice young man who is taking remedial math in his first year of college.  Guess what he's doing?  Time tables.  You know - 4 x 8 sort of stuff.  WTHell?? How did he get out of high school?

Government Shutdown

Sounds good to me

Ted Cruz

God bless him...

Food Stamps

Ron Saich, founder and CEO of Panera Bread (an overpriced sandwich shop) engaged himself in a three day food stamp challenge.  Oh, please - spare me this sort of nonsense.  Go read what he and a bunch of his highly paid executives had to say about it. 

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is a supplement.  It is not intended as a sole source of groceries for a family.  These wealthy dopes went out and tried to live on a certain amount of money per day.  That's not how it works.  People are given a sum of money once per month.  In most cases it is far above what I spend on groceries.

I dare say that the people who really need help are not getting it.

Pope Francis

The very fact that the immoral left is so gaga over him is cause for concern.  That is all...

Feedly

When Google Reader hit the skids, I switched to Feedly.  While they have finally managed to alphabetize my index (something that took place in the dead of night), the title view of the articles allows me to see how much of the blogoshpere has become a echo chamber.

I'm not Fox, The Blaze, or even Huffington Post (thank goodness), so the question became, "Is this the best use of my time?"  Probably not. 

The original questions

How did we get here and how did the federal government get so out of control?  The second question answers the first question  The government, while we were out enjoying our lives, got out of control resulting in the answer to the first question. Did that make sense?

We got here because we've lost our foundational principles.  We've lost, as a nation, our morality, ethics, and integrity. We call the killing of babies "choice", unnatural homosexual sex "love", and lionize Hollywood dirt bags.  Our own president sounds like gutter trash.  The individuals who have not lost these principles are bewildered. Don't be.  Prepare yourselves.  Physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  In the end that's all we have...

Many Thanks...

to all the peeps who have talked me down off the proverbial ledge.  You know who you are.  God bless all of you. 

And now?















No comments: