Wednesday, June 5, 2013

So what exactly is a "free range" chicken...

and other info you can use.

Since I began working in a grocery store, I've been really reading up on claims made on food packages.  My personal favorite is "gluten free."  It seems everyone is suddenly unable to tolerate gluten.  Makes me wonder what the hell they've been eating for the past 50 or 60 years.  While we try to stick to a wheat free diet around here (which naturally eliminates gluten), most "gluten free" packaged food is chock full of crappy alternatives. 

"All natural" is another one that makes me chuckle.  Arsenic is "all natural", but I'm not planning on having a big bowl of it for dinner. And don't even get me started on "organic."  In many cases that is a completely meaningless statement. 

Over at Mark's Daily Apple, guest contributor David Meren of Tendergrass Farms, gives up some real "heads-up" info on the poultry industry.



What You Should Know About Poultry Production Claims 







No comments: