Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool's Day 2013...

and I have nothing but random thoughts.

This post has not been edited so I would implore the grammar Nazis to ignore the misplaced commas, heavy use of dashes (I love dashes),  parenthetical thingys around just about everything (I love those too),  ellipses (total infatuation), and anything else that makes you squirm.  Thank you...

Thank you to all who wished me a happy Easter.  My schedule is such that I've been unable to respond one to one.  My bad...

If anyone has had a doubt that the world is spinning out of control, the news for the past few weeks should be rattling some cages.

How many of you are so sick of hearing about "gay" (which is not really very gay at all) "marriage" (which is not really marriage) that you're just ready to give it all up just to make the voices go away?  You know - the voices that are calling you bigoted, haters, and Bible thumping morons?

At times I feel like that and then I realize that they can call an unnatural union between people of the same sex anything they want to.  It doesn't make it so.  And they know that.  Oh yes they do.  That's what makes them so angry.

Chris Wysocki has this to say:
As St. Thomas Aquinas said, "the first reaction to truth is anger." Well I'm here to tell you that the same-sex "marriage" people are very angry. They're not content with "live and let live." It's more like "my way or the highway." The in-your-face attitude seems like a sign of desperation though. "Look at me! Celebrate me! Cater to me!" Everything is "Me! Me! Me!" What happened to obedience to God? Doesn't it seem like our troubles started when the liberals took God out of the classroom and replaced Him with Bacchanalia 101?  source

And how many of you ever thought banks could just wipe out your account, taking your money to fix a problem that they created?  Cyprus proved it could be done. Think it couldn't happen here?   It will.  Prepare.

North Korea is wanting to drop bombs on South Korea.  Makes you wonder what the hell goes on in the mind of a tyrant like Kim Jong Un.  Here's this little country split in two.  One side, the South, is prosperous and happy.  The North?  Not so much.  Wouldn't it be easier for the leaders of the two sides to have a cappuccino together and decide that to be one big happy country would be nice?  Besides, I've done this war  police action before.  Granted, I was just a little tyke, but I do remember all the talk.

The happy little "yoots" living in Chicago had a really fun Easter weekend rampaging all over the Miracle Mile destroying the day for many hundreds of shoppers.  Oh, and two men were fatally shot and 20 others wounded in the city with just about the strictest gun control laws in the country.  How's that working out?

Planned Parenthood made news last week as they continue their war on babies born alive.
Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.
"So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”
"We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow.
Bob Belvedere has more at The Camp of the Saints, including updates on the trial of late term abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell.  Question:  Did his mother name him after a frog?

The very popular Bible series that's been on the History channel will be out on DVD April 2.  Since we don't have cable, I plan to purchase it - probably at Costco. 

I'm trying to make a schedule that includes letter writing.  Did you know there are blogs devoted to nothing but people writing letters and postcards? 

Today will be busy.  I have spraying to do and grass to cut with my newly serviced lawn tractor - including a new mulching kit, bills to pay, and errands to run.  I also have to fill my two dehydrators.  One with vinegar and salt potato slices, the other with beef jerky.

Tomato Update

These little critters are due to be transferred to their larger pots this week and will soon head out to the cold frame.  It does involve a bit of tomatocide, which I hate doing.  Pulling out the under-performers always makes me sad 











No comments: