Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sometimes the truth hurts...

but it should never be ignored.

From: Les Femmes: 

Fr. Jeffrey Montz: A New Breed of Truth Teller!

There is great hope for the future with a new breed of young priests like Fr. Montz who are not afraid to confront evil with boldness and charity. It is, in fact, an act of charity to stick out your foot and trip someone racing heedlessly toward a cliff. If you bruise their tender feelings in the process, so be it. I've included a few of my own comments in red.
Post election homily by Father Jeffrey Montz, St Elizabeth Ann Seton, Kenner, LA 

I want to begin today by thanking those of you who went out on Tuesday and voted for the sacredness of human life. Just as the widow’s deed in our 1st reading will never be forgotten as long as the Scriptures are read, be assured that no righteous deed that we ever undertake will be forgotten by Almighty God.

This past Wednesday, the day after the election, I received a message on my phone at the parish office, from a gentleman who didn’t identify himself by name [anonymous rants are typical for liberals] but who said he was a parishioner. And in this message, this gentleman ranted for several minutes about Tuesday’s election results. And here were the first words out of his mouth, “You lost Father; you lost!” Well, the first thing I want to say about Tuesday night’s election results is that I didn’t lose. On Tuesday night our entire country lost! [Even liberals lost. Who wants to live in the kind of country we are becoming where people are routinely murdered because they are "unwanted" or the butt of the "knockout game" or for their i-phones and leather jackets?]

Now, having said that, I know that there are several of you who have just decided to tune me out, or you’re now burning up with anger at me because of what I just said and you can’t wait to give me a piece of your mind. But let me say two things in this regard. Number one, I am a priest of Jesus Christ, not because of any merit of my own, not because I’m any better than anyone else. God probably chose me because I am nothing and He wants to make something out of me. But I have been anointed and consecrated by God to preach His truth. And so, you can tune me out, but be warned, you do so at your eternal peril. [Thank you for the warning, Father. We need it!]

Read the rest 



More:

Bungalow Bill:   Students Boycott Homecoming Dance Because Dry Humping on the Dance Floor is Banned




No comments: