Let's take a peek at some comments on Huff and Puff (I go there so you don't have to. You're welcome.) As always, I leave a trail of corn kernels so I can safely find my way out of the madness of the liberal
- Had Mitt owed 14.1% on his 2011 return and paid it, I’d be annoyed by the tax breaks the rich enjoy, but I’d accept it. However, THIS IS NOT WHAT MITT DID. Mitt deliberately paid MORE taxes than he owed, thinking he could “fool” us. Really, Mitt? Really? Do you think there is anyone who doesn’t see through this? I have never been so tired of a candidate in my life. OBAMA 2012
- Again, I keep reminding myself, this is according to his "reported" income, and how many dollars aren't "reported"? If one presumes Mitt has $250 Million, this income amounts to just shy of a 5% return which I find very difficult to accept.
- So he did not take the full charitable deduction so his rate would be higher ? tsk...tsk......Did he just say that if he paid more than he owed that would disqualify him to run for President ?
- Can you say ""PUT A FORK IN YOU ROMNEY, YOU'RE DONE!"
- Slow down, and consider what this 2011 return tells us. Despite Mitt’s insatiable love of $$$, he inexplicably pays MORE than he owes in 2011. His actions are /duplicitous/, manipulative, and /cynical/. Didn’t we already know this? Didn’t his videoed comments make his 1040s rather irrelevant anyhow? OBAMA 2012
- Oh my God ; he makes $13.7 Million and pays 13.9% in taxes. Meanwhile people making about $75,000 or less are paying upwards of 22 to 30+ in taxes. Okay, what fools we poor folks are. We continue to let the 1% say "Let them eat cake" and nothing else. Again go home and play with your horses - Mr. & Mrs. Romney.
The first comment is a stunner. How dare you overpay your taxes and make the rest of us look like the envious slackers we are! At the root of all these comments is an unrelenting envy of success. These unhappy people are essentially saying, "You have a bunch of money and I want some of it, because obviously I'd have more if you had less." Not exactly, Cupcake. If we stripped Romney of every dime he had, you'd still be living in your mother's basement complaining about how "unfair" the world is.
All the people I know that think like this have one dominating personality characteristic; their failures are always someone else's fault.
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church: (emphasis mine)
2539 Envy is a capital sin. It refers to the sadness at the sight of another's goods and the immoderate desire to acquire them for oneself, even unjustly. When it wishes grave harm to a neighbor it is a mortal sin:
- St. Augustine saw envy as "the diabolical sin."327 "From envy are born hatred, detraction, calumny, joy caused by the misfortune of a neighbor, and displeasure caused by his prosperity."328
- Would you like to see God glorified by
you? Then rejoice in your brother's progress and you will immediately
give glory to God. Because his servant could conquer envy by rejoicing
in the merits of others, God will be praised.329
Linked by Blazing Cat Fur - and we thank you.