Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What does being pro-life really mean?...



 Being Pro-life 3.0
This characterization of the many facets of being pro-life is so brilliant I wish I could say I thought of it.  Scott Rae, in an interview with John Stonestreet at BreakPoint.org, brings the pro-life movement into the 21st century in an attempt to get us all to wake up to the perils we are facing.

Rae describes three progressions of pro-life issues:
  • Pro-life 1.0 deals with "the taking of life."  Abortion, assisted suicide, and euthanasia
  • Pro-life 2.0 deals with "the making of life."  Artificial insemination, IVF, surrogacy, preimplantation genetic diagnosis, egg and sperm "donation"
  • Pro-life 3.0 deals with "the remaking of life."  Genetic engineering, human enhancements, nanotechnology, human cloning, transhumanism
Brilliant, simple, easy to understand.  (Did I say I wish I came up with it?)
 read the rest


No comments: