Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Acrophobia...

I haz it.

I don't like heights.  I really, really don't like heights.  According to Wiki, I'm not completely on the high end of the acrophobia curve, but getting close.  The older I get the worse it gets.

I can certainly still go for fun gondola rides or be on a tall building as long as I feel some sort of protection around me - like a fence or railing.  Put me in a glass fronted elevator without a railing and  you'll find me plastered to the back wall. Unstable rope bridges?  That would be a big no unless I was being chased by a crazed serial killer.

  The thing is, it doesn't have to be me experiencing the height issue.  My husband used to torture me at the Grand Canyon by standing close to an unprotected cliff - usually with unstable ground underneath his feet.  It would be enough to set off a panic attack.

So like all good folks who suffer from this affliction, I often watch things that set off the mini-panic attack.  The Blaze posted the following video this morning.  I watched it. The whole damn thing.  Arrrrrgh!


No comments: