This past week one of our local stores had boneless chuck roasts for under $3.00 per lb. (remember when chuck roasts were really, really cheap?) I "heart" chuck roasts. Last week I bought two humungous roasts and here's how I prepared them.
- I seared them on all sides on the stovetop
- Brushed them with Kitchen Bouquet
- Sprinkled them liberally with coarse ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Smothered them in garlic cloves and onion
- Slow roasted (covered) in the oven
This morning I did two more roasts. Both will be divided and one of the halves will be for dinner with plenty of left-overs for tomorrow. The other three chunks will be frozen like the first ones. That brings my total to 6 luscious precooked roasts in the freezer and I saved about $25.00.
How do you take advantage of sales?