Friday, December 9, 2011

Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit...

was this too hard for PayPal to understand?

Why, yes. Yes it was.

I started to get the message three days ago and called PayPal.  I was unable access my account and also couldn't access PayPal at all.  I told the outsourced operator the message I received and after much runaround she finally said,  "PayPal is having a few issues.  Try again later today."

Really?? Really?????

By today I was in a complete panic.  I finally grabbed the message and Googled it.  Guess how many answers popped up?  Ok - I don't know exactly how many but it was a bunch.

The answer?


This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies.
  • http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Deleting+cookies
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
  • Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
  • Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies" 

So tell me why the fool that answered the phone at PayPal didn't know this. 

Right before solving this problem I finally received my password from Hot Air.

I am now able to remove the cold cloth from my forehead and rejoin the land of the living.  It's nice to be back.


No comments: