Monday, September 26, 2011

The feds want your health records...

that should work well.

Led by quasi-Catholic Kathleen Sebelius. 
Obamacare HHS rule would give government everybody’s health records
It’s been said a thousand times: Congress had to pass President Obama’s  health care law in order to find out what’s in it. But, despite the repetitiveness, the level of shock from each new discovery never seems to recede.
This time, America is learning about the federal government’s plan to collect and aggregate confidential patient records for every one of us. read the rest
My doctors office is already in compliance with the "everything in the computer" thingy.  That means when I visit the doctor, as I did last week, the majority of the time is spent with him pecking at the computer while asking me questions.   After about 30 minutes of this I wanted to scream, "Would you mind looking at me instead of the computer screen."


Expect it to get worse...    



10 comments:

Subvet said...

Hey, when the government completely takes over healthcare and has all of our information, it'll make it easier to decide who'll get denied various procedures in the name of cost effectiveness. Don't we want the government to be efficient?

Why does the term "death panel" keep coming to mind?

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

And if I say no?

Adrienne said...

Odie - I may be wrong but I don't think you'll have a choice because the records belong to your doctor. I'll do some checking on that question.

Anonymous said...

And it's all for our own good, right? It's a very slippery slope we are on, Adrienne.

Anonymous said...

My Doc's office now asks if I own guns. I leave it blank, which of course says I do I guess.

Mark D. said...

If the government wants the records, it will be able to get them once the government completes the take over of the health care system. Of course, from the government's perspective, that isn't a bug, it's a feature.

Adrienne said...

Jim - we've been on that slope for so long we've almost hit bottom.

Adrienne said...

Bunkerville - yep. Leaving it blank is telling.

Adrienne said...

Mark - yep! Bug meet feature. How about Facebook wanting you to put up medical stuff? Weird!

The Crescat said...

Congratulations :)

http://thecrescat.blogspot.com/2011/09/drum-roll-please.html