Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Crescat Annual Cannonball Catholic Blog Award...

official winners announcement.

I am (thanks to all my friends) officially ordinary and average.  

From the Crescat:
Fine print: Nominees and winners of the 2011 Catholic Cannonball Awards™© receive no prizes, just the sweet sweet satisfaction that they were only slightly better than no one else really all that special. They reserve bragging rights and the distinction of being fantastical ordinary! Yay! You're an awesome average blogger. Enjoy your victory.


Bragging rights to be displayed on your blog designed by Vincenzo - and we thank him.  It's beautiful!

The Complete List of Winners


Best Blog by a Religious: Fr. Longenecker’s Standing on My Head
Best Political Blog: Adrienne’s Catholic Corner
More Catholic Than the Pope: Real Catholic TV
Best Armchair Theologian:Little Catholic Bubble
Best Visual Treat: Betty Beguiles
Most Church Militant: It’s a tie! Defend Us in Battle, and Cleansing Fire
Best New Kid on the Block: Heart For God
Best Blog by a Heretic: Bad Vestments
Best Under Appreciated Blog: Barefoot & Pregnant
Best Spiritual Treat: Blessed is the Kingdom
Bat Shit Crazy: I Have to Sit Down
Best Potpourri of Popery: Shoved to Them
Snarkiest Catholic Blog: Acts of the Apostasy
Most Hifreakinlarious: another tie! Acts of the Apostasy and The Ironic Catholic
Blog that Needs to be Updated More Often: Recovering Dissident Catholic

Thanks to the folks who voted for me.  Many of them slogged their way over every single day to vote the "Chicago way."

I know I've probably missed some people and I apologize if you have been inadvertently left off. 

ConservaMom
Odie, The Woodsterman
Bunkerville
Teresamerica
Zilla
The Ranter
Cathy of Alex
Angel
Mr. G Guy
John of Sentry Journal
Therese of Aussie Coffee Shop
Conservatives on Fire
Blue
Mark of Ordered Liberty
Always on Watch
Bunni
Randy
All my friends from MOTUS and MOTUS herself (I'm honored and humbled!!)

plus many more

I extend many thanks to The Crescat, who came up with the idea of the The Cannonball Awards for us "little guys" to have some fun and do some good humored snarking at each other.  It is much more work than most people realize - and we thank her from the bottom of our little insignificant hearts.

This is the last year for the awards and even though we will miss it, we can look back on six years of fun.

Thanks, Kat

11 comments:

Randy-g said...

You are far from ordinary and average, just look at the likes of us who voted for you!

Dave in PB said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

A well deserved congrats from "The Dream".

Adrienne said...

Dave and Scott - thanks so much! I also see that I left both of you handsome men off my list. Mea Culpa!!!

Larry Denninger said...

Congratulations, Adrienne. I'm glad you won. I must be honest - even though I contribute to The American Catholic, I did sneak in a few votes for you. Can't be dissing the Grand Duchess of Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Great work and your blog is enjoyable as well. Nothing like the Chicago way!

MOTUS said...

HUMUNGOUS CONGRATULATIONS Adrianne!!!

You so totally deserve this!

When I didn't hear about the results, I was afraid that Little Mo, Raj and moi hadn't voted enough! Hugs & ♥s,
MOTUS

Mark D. said...

Congratulations! Thanks for all you do here on this blog to keep us informed and entertained. And thanks for the acknowledgment. I was glad to help!

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Congratulations, Auntie!

Priscilla said...

Well done, Adreinne! I voted twice everyday! (I have two accounts - I'm not from Chicago)
Congratulations.

John Carey said...

Congrats Adrienne!