Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Saturday, November 13 and your money is worth less than it was last Saturday...

thanks to the feds.

I've spent the week butchering pruning my trees.  Every day I think it will be my last day of working outside, but the next day finds me out doing even more work.  I've moved into doing what I call "spring" work.  I'm hoping this leads to an easy summer that I can spend landscaping my new pond. 

Some updates in the blogosphere:

The wonderful Smitty of The Other McCain is off to Afghanistan for a year.  His one request that he made in his final post Cogadh No Sìth

"If I’ve done you any favors, I’d ask that you make this the single most linked post in this blog’s history." read the entire post - it's excellent! And don't forget to link back to his article.

It has been an honor and a blessing to get to know this man.  His kindness, gentlemanly behavior, and exceptional writing skills has been an inspiration.  A year without Smitty is going to be very, very long, indeed!

T.L. Davis, who blogs at Washington Rebel as well as his own personal blog,  has a new name and a new look.   Find T. L. at his new digs, T. L. in Exile.

RightKlik's fine post,  Graphic Government Warnings reminds us who we really have to fear.


Rather then repeat the hard work of others (for which I am eternally grateful) take time to Peruse the Conservative Blogosphere at Reaganite Republican.  His lineup up of links is outstanding - and we thank him.

The BlogProf:   Video: Seven Top Dem Senators Admit “Obama Has No Idea What He’s Doing”

Of course, we've known that since waaaaaaaay before the election.  What's truly frightening is there are still people out there who think he's the second coming of Christ and ObamaCare will reduce the deficit.  Kool-Aid anyone?

Pundette:    Obama trips over his ego in Asia




Naked body scanner and out-of-control TSA employees... 

Can't wait to see what the grabby TSA agents will do when a Muslim opts out of the body scanner and refuses a pat-down.  Sure glad I don't have to fly anywhere...
 
From: American Thinker

Line Up to Give Up Your Rights 
by Wesley Clark, MD 
 Airline travelers are now standing in security lines around the country for the opportunity to pose nude for the Department of Homeland Security. "Naked body scanners" are just the latest development in the field of Man-Caused Disaster prevention, a part of the Overseas Contingency Operations (War on Terror) in which the actions of a handful of suicidal terrorists, almost exclusively of a certain religious persuasion, have led to a massive government assault on the freedoms of all Americans. Since 9/11, the declared objective of al-Qaeda to destroy our society and our way of life has been implemented mainly by our own ruling class. read the rest
From CNN:  Growing backlash against TSA body scanners, pat-downs


Since I am such a cheap thrifty person, purchasing two brand new books at Costco yesterday was way out of my comfort zone.  Living in North Idaho guarantees the books will be on a long waiting list at the library and so in a moment of "got to haves", I grabbed them both. 






No comments: