Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ladies - this post is for you...

and you better follow the link and read it because I just spent an hour looking for it.

My computer was cranky yesterday and in the process of clearing out the problem, I lost the link to a wonderful post I planned on linking.  Checking my computer history provided no help, and so I began the process of vetting about a gazillion blogs on my reader to find this excellent post by Kris over at Shout First, Ask Questions Later.

I don't off hand know the number of women that usually vote in elections, but I do know that only about 50% or less of the eligible voters vote.  How pathetic is that?

If you are a woman (ok - guys will benefit from this post, too) take a look at the photo and info post Kris has put together about the suffrage movement.  When you have a better understanding of the trials of these brave women who fought for our right to vote, it may change your mind about voting on Tuesday.


The Right to Vote is the Obligation to Vote

Thank you, Kris...

4 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

I'd like to see the film mentioned in the post. Excellent article. Thanks for sharing and reminding me (via a cerebral kick in the pants) that my vote counts!!

Adrienne said...

Sarah - I love the pictures Kris posted and, really, I didn't remember it being so brutal (but it's been eons since I studied the suffrage movement

Charlene said...

I agree with this 100%. Every eligible citizen should vote in every election. I'm not sure which film Sarah Oldham is referring to as I couldn't seem to find the article by Kris you mention, but if it's "Iron Jawed Angels", it is indeed worthy or watching.

I always vote because a friend from church when I was a teen was drafted into the army going to Vietnam and died there. Voting is a right and a privilege.

Adrienne said...

Charlene - the title of the article at the end of the post is a link. Just click on "The Right to Vote is the Obligation to Vote" and it will take you to the article by the magic of cyber-elves who are lurking in the bowels of our computers. Gotta love those elves! ;-)