Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Obama off to Ohio to tell "rich" people that earn over 200K they're screwed...

And he can't do this in DC, why??  Someone needs to add up the cost of all the frivolous flying around this goon does...

And how about the environment, Mr Green President??  Or the inconvenience visited on the "small" people by having your motorcades, airplanes, and helicopter buzzing around?

Obama to pitch trio of economic proposals in Ohio

Here's the deal.  Let the tax cuts expire for the people earning over 200K,  a great many of them who own small businesses, and then give them some money back in the form of some small business loan or tax break.  As the money passes through the hands of the government, they'll skim off a chunk for themselves.

 Meantime insurance companies will be raising their rates due to Obamacare mandates starting to kick in. 

WSJ via MemeorandumHealth Insurers Plan Hikes:  Rate Increases Are Blamed on Health-Care Overhaul

My insurance premium increased almost $100.00 per month a few months ago.  My response?  Canceled it, which lots of other people are doing meaning rates will go up even more.  Great plan, Barry...

2 comments:

Old Bob said...

I went without any health insurance for a couple of years before I got Medicare. I have to admit, though, I'm less fortunate than some guys my age, and a lot more fortunate than many. Nothing seriously bad happened, and the money stayed in my pocket, which is where it belongs anyway.

Pay-as-you-go medicine has this advantage, at least in Minnesota (I checked the law): If I am delinquent on a bill (that is, not paying everything at once), my creditor can yell and scream and charge interest, but nothing more. If (big if) I am in default (that is, refuse to pay) they can send bill collectors, take me to court, etc. I was told that creditors cannot take my house, car, or non-valuable personal property (a $50K stamp collection would be different). Best of all, in Minnesota, my state pension and my Social Security are legally immune from garnishment.

So as long as I pay ~something~ every month, I can't be touched By the way, my federal taxable income for 2009 was under $5000.

I suppose some of this will change under Obama Nation Care; but as of yet, no one from the Social Security Administration has said anything.

Adrienne said...

Bob - for the majority of our lives )since we have mostly been self-employed), we have not had health insurance. It's only been about the last 8 or so years. We spent about 50K dollars on premiums and still paid for everything out of pocket on top of the 50K. I wish we had not done that...

The odious Medicare kicks in for me in December so even my insurance guy said to let it drop. It had a $2500.00 deductible so I'd have to spend that much money anyway before insurance paid for anything.