Monday, September 20, 2010

I need to check my Facebook messages more often...

The world we live in has become so over-connected that it's a wonder anything of substance is accomplished.  Facebook is a great example and if you're a big fan of Twitter - good for you.  I think it's silly.  I'm not against technology, just what (IMO) is the misuse of technology.  Just yesterday I was at the deli counter of our local grocery store and a woman standing behind me was having a very loud discussion on her cell phone.  I'm sure she could be heard a minimum of 25 feet in any direction.  The subject seemed to be about some custody battle taking place. I didn't want to hear it and I'm certain no one else did either.  But hear it we did.  And don't even get me started on texting, cell phone talking, or tweeting while driving.

I have quite a few Facebook "friends."  Most of whom I don't know.  At first I gathered up these "friends" as though having lots of  "friends" made me more authentic - or something.  But I discovered that when I logged on to Facebook I was confronted with page after page of updates from people I didn't know.  The result was boring and time consuming so I rarely logged on anymore.  And Farmville?  Oy vey!

This morning or lack of anything better to do (how sad is that??), I took a look at my messages which are now at 278 and found this one from September 8.  A mash note to a little old lady.  How cool is that?
Hello,
Wow, you're so pretty and going through your profile, I found some things that says we have in common. I have seen sunsets, sunrises, blue oceans, deep seas, lush forests, dense jungles, but nothing - not even these - could compare to the beauty that I see in you. I'm a beautiful hearted guy, who's in search of his soul mate and intends to find it here on this site, because I've heard a lot of success stories. I would love to correspond with you and see if we could work something out. Once again I must say God worked over time creating you. Lets keep in touch.
 He's obviously a man of great good taste and discernment...

11 comments:

Subvet said...

I've enough trouble with the garbage in my email. Who knew so many women would be concerned about the size, performance and availability of my male "equipment". Where were all these dear souls when I was safely single?

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! But that is so funny. My boys are on facebook, and to get them an account, I had to fudge their ages. You should see some of the bimbos that want to "friend" them. I report each and everyone of them as "inappropriate". I mean, really, who's going to put their profile picture in a bikini?

Sherry said...

My mom had me join facebook.

Reaganite Independent said...

I'm not surprised Ade... cut pic!

And LOVE the artwork on this one... lol

Adrienne said...

Sub = Shhhhhhhhh! I only asked once, after all...

Adrienne said...

MH68 - just wait till they find out about "sexting"

Adrienne said...

Sherry - I think if one were to confine their "friends" to include actual friends and family, Facebook would have a time saving purpose.

Adrienne said...

RR - you just said that 'cause it's true. heh

Actually, the guy is kinda cute and probably only 10 or 15 years younger than moi. I have to find out if he has money 'cause hubby wants my boyfriends to be rich. lol

Sarah Oldham said...

when I read posts like these (and there have been many of late) I wonder what the heck I even do any of it for . . . what is the point? Remember when the only time wasters were our phones and televisions? You can get some other things done while on the phone/watching-listening to TV . . . I can't text and drive. I can barely drive and listen to the person sitting beside me. As far as solicitations for certain drugs (to an appendage I do not have), I have no words . . .

belinda said...

His sincerity is truly touching. Soul mate aye? hahahaha

Pablo the Mexican said...

I think a lot of us, your readers, think you are a beautiful woman also.

This guy sounds like someone in prison fishing for someone lonely.

Let's pray his bait doesn't work.

God be with you, Madam, and with your family.

pablo

*