Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Need Garden Seeds??


 I found Millington Seed Company while doing a search for Scarlet Runner bean seeds.  Their prices were very good and so I placed an order.  Confirmation of my order was in my email box in a matter of minutes and shipping notification in about an hour.  Before I could blink, the seeds arrived.  They were well packaged and I also received several packages of bonus seeds.  I will definitely be re-ordering.

It appears to be a family run operation (my favorite kind).  One improvement to the website would be a contact button located on the top of the page.  I did find an email on one of the pages and have emailed them my satisfaction along with this suggestion.

Overall - a great experience!


Disclaimer: I'm just passing this info along.  I received no compensation for this post.

4 comments:

Mark in Spokane said...

Scarlet Runner beans are fantastic -- one of my favorite beans. They are also very low carb as far as beans go. Make sure to cook them all the way, though. If they are undercooked you can get sick -- the beans contain a toxin that only dissipates upon cooking...

Adrienne said...

Great - I'll ship all the beans to you. Truth? I've never eaten a SR bean in my life. It's all about the vine and flowers for me :-)

Mark in Spokane said...

Well, the beans are delicious! They cook up very well, great with ham or a little bacon. Once cooked, the beans have a very creamy texture, but retain their shape. One of my favorite cooking beans. Because they hold their shape, they are great in chili and other bean-dishes that require long cooking times. They don't just turn into mush.

One of my favorite dishes with SR beans is to cook the beans up with garlic, onion, bacon and kale. Absolutely fantastic. An old German recipe -- very yummy!

Adrienne said...

All righty then - I'll take your word for it and still give you the beans which you can then cook up and send back to me. I like that idea best of all.

While I'm waiting for my bean dish, I'll be eating my Romano beans.