Sunday, November 22, 2009

Rule Five Sunday

Rule Five Sunday for Conservative Women

Agnes B. over at Mulieris Dignitate, is advancing the Rule 5 Sunday ball down the field.  Read her list of rules and join the skirmish.

Following is her email to my Comma Prince, the famous and hardworking Smitty of The Other McCain (who is also, along with Stacy McCain, the instigator and perpetrator of a slovenly mess of trashy, half-clad womenGimme a break - Shauna Sand?????)

And before getting to the email, allow me to say that even though Stacy and Smitty have featured me on their blog beaucoup times (and I am mega grateful and honored), which pushed huge numbers of readers to my humble little blog, and even though Stacy does not consider my Catholicism a barrier to friendship (being the staunch Protestant that he is), and even though Stacy took the time to call moi, a fan and supporter (on his dime, I might add),  and even though Smitty always answers my emails in a timely fashion, making me feel important and larger than a small and insignificant dot on the blogoshpere - I wonder why, why I ask, am I not on his permanent "favorite blogs list?"

Oh yes, the things I have listed are important, nay, very important.  But I still feel a bit like a one-night stand waiting for some guy to call after he promised he would (yeah, right!)   I ask you; is this how the cat feels when the litter box is not cleaned, or the dog when her water bowl is empty?  Or a kid with an empty trick or treat bag? Maybe not forgotten, but marginalized?  It's as though I've been purposely left out of the annual family Christmas picture.  "Yep, that's our beautiful family - it's a shame ol' Adrienne couldn't get here in time for the photo session."  Ouch!

Now that's out of my system, back to the email:
As an avid fan of The Other McCain, having been introduced to it by Adrienne's blog, I am submitting to the will of The Overlord of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy blogosphere, The Other McCain. Since I cannot compete with Adrienne, who availed herself of prima nocte first, I am going to steal her thunder and your idea and start a Rule 5 Sunday for Conservative Women.  Real Men who are conservative will be displayed in their God given glory.  No girly men, no Dems, nada- real men only need apply.  Men in uniform of course will always be posted!!!  My goal is to reach a million hits, as per the rules laid down by His Awesomeness.

 Thanks Agnes. Here's my contribution. Enjoy!
  
Texans in Iraq 
Fighting for Freedom

source with names

 In Afghanistan:


Guarding the Pope

Ricardo Montalban


 Putting out our fires (or starting them???) Bless me Father, for I have sinned. Today I set my house on fire so I could dial 911


8 comments:

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Adrienne, You bested me already!!!!! First His Awesomeness and now this!!!!! Ricardo Montalban- my heart be still

Adrienne said...

Agnes - while my hubby was supplying me with commas on this post he said, "well, it obvious, judging by her vocabulary, that this Agnes is pretty smart." In his heart he was saying, "And I bet her husband doesn't have to come in and supply commas for her."

I understand Ricardo was a good and faithful husband, too. Married 63 years to the same woman.

From Wikipedia: Ricardo was a practicing Roman Catholic and once had said that his religion was the "most important thing" in his life.

Not that's what I call a "real" man!!

Adrienne said...

IT'S obvious...

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Real Men are ALWAYS obvious, at least to conservative women. They are also the best looking!!!! (LOVE your hubby!!)

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Ricardo Montalban was a devoted husband and devout Catholic- which is why I am so glad you mentioned him.

RightKlik said...

Fighting fire with fire, I see!

Adrienne said...

RK - is that an unintended pun??

Adrienne said...

...or maybe intended?