Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Friday (in case you didn't know)

Late on Friday's is when the Obama administration often drops bombs.  With everyone doing the happy dance about the Olympics, he could certainly sneak in something disgusting. But for now, my Google Reader is under control since I wiped it completely out last night before bed.  It's hovering around 250 now, even though I've already read about 150 posts.

To celebrate Obama making a world-wide fool of himself, I'm heading to my favorite store - Costco, with some stops at other fun places. By the time I return the Reader should be over 1000 again. Sigh!

For once I'm not going to tell you to play nice while I'm gone. Play as nasty as you want. heh

at Adrienne dePitera:  Feeling Rich Friday and Transformation Thursday at Shabby Chic Cottage



Before I leave, this just in:


ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE – President Barack Obama is "disappointed" Chicago missed getting the 20016 Olympic Games but doesn't regret putting so much on the line spending the hard earned tax dollars of the American people to argue for it, his chief spokesman said Friday.

I have a headache...

7 comments:

Pablo the Mexican said...

Is it just me, or is there a straight line being drawn between Adolph Hitler and Barack Obama?

Of course, Obama is no Hitler, but he does have one thing Hitler didn't: Oprah Winfrey.

Hitler had Volkswagen, Obama has Government Motors, Hitler- the SS Obama- HS (Homeland Security) Hitler- Financial Crisis in Germany, Obama Financial Crisis in America.

Hitler- black man defeated him in Olypics (Jesse Owens) Obama- white guys defeated him for Olypics.

Both had anti-smoking programs.

Ad infinitum.

We don't have very many Jews in America, so who do you all think will get 'Holocausted' this time?

*

Mary Ellen said...

I just saw this on Opinionated Catholic and thought you might enjoy it. It made me laugh like crazy, especially number four.

Top 10 Reasons Chicago Didn’t Get the Olympic Bid.

10. Dead people can’t vote at IOC meetings

9. Obama distracted by 25 min meeting with Gen. McChrystal

8. Who cares if Obama couldn’t talk the IOC into Chicago? He’ll be able to talk Iran out of nukes.

7. The impediment is Israel still building settlements.

6. Obviously no president would have been able to acomplish it.

5. We’ve been quite clear and said all along that we didn’t want the Olympics.

4. This isn’t about the number of Olympics “lost”, it’s about the number of Olympics “saved” or “created”.

3. Clearly not enough wise Latina judges on the committee

2. Because the IOC is racist.

1. It’s George Bush’s fault.

Unknown said...

I love the first reason.

Adrienne said...

Pablo - I really can't dispute anything you've said. Do I think he's going to start building ovens? Probably not - but then I don't plan on turning my back...just in case!

Adrienne said...

Mary Ellen - That is funny and very, very true, too!

Adrienne said...

Mary Ellen - actually someone has blamed Bush. Saw it one Gateway Pundit.

Adrienne said...

Karen - me too!