Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Health Care Update

My Google Reader has been over 1000 for two days now, even though I've plowed through at least 500 items.  Soon, very soon, I'm going to have to hit the delete button or my computer may explode.

I've been working on my Ten Tasks in Ten Days, and shared my meatball recipe (with pics, no less), on Adrienne dePitera.  Just finished staining the back deck and am headed out to wash the front deck. Then to the bank and other errands.


Meantime, thanks to the hard work of other bloggers (God bless 'em!), who obviously don't make meatballs or stain decks, is some important information.

The Hot Air Roundup of really, really important information is:

The following several articles are outrageous!  The msm hasn't reported on this, now has it???

A new “mommy tax” in ObamaCare shows pitfalls; Update: Device list linked
and
An end run around the filibuster for public option?
and




Senate committee: Hey, we found more taxes in Obamacare

If you've got about two weeks, here is a complete list of Wall Street Journal articles and commentaries on ObamaCare, "The WSJ Guide to ObamaCare - A comprehensive collection of our editorials and op-eds."   This list will give you a chance to scan the titles and get up to speed on particulars of ObamaCare that slipped by while you were having a life.   I found this compliments of Doug Ross at Journal, who does a wonderful linky love thing every day called Larwyn's Links. Sometimes he even links to me, but don't let that taint your opinion of him.

John Rosenberg over a Pajamas Media enlightens us on the individual health insurance mandate in Frankenstein’s Monster: ObamaCare’s ‘Individual Mandate’

And finally, The Wisdom of Solomon has a slightly different take on the Saturday Night Live smack down of Obama.  Saturday Night Live Mocks Obama. A Different Take

There's much, much more but I don't aim to overwhelm you - just inform...

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

This health care stuff makes my head feel like it's ready to explode. I tell ya, my blood pressure can't take this.

I guess it's just the feeling of being powerless to do anything. Anyone who protested were deemed "tea baggers" and "unamerican". Those on Capitol Hill could care less what's best for Americans.

I also heard on Fox last night (I think it was on Greta's show) that Reid made a deal and they decided that just three States would not be penalized with taxes for the Medicare hike and instead four other States were going to pick up the slack. One of them was mine, Illinois, and California was another one. I'm not sure of the other two. That's real nice, eh?

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

No rest for the "wicked", eh?
Just kidding.
Br. Joseph and I weeded the front part of our new property today (we had "mongo" weeds) and there's still more to be done.
Health care? Don't get me started...damned if you do and damned if you don't. These insurance premiums are gonna bankrupt our community, but the alternative is...well...scary.

Lola said...

I am serious:

The banning of Michael Savage from Britian is a puzzle piece to the odd goings on.

Freedom of Speech laws mean nothing if people who say the 'difficult' or 'uncomfortable' are squelched.

And, thank you for the mighty fine meatball receipe!

Jennifer said...

I read the hot air article. That's sick.