Saturday, October 31, 2009

Free Health Care

But, but - it's freeeeeeeeee...

And that, dear reader, is the real reason for the "little people" backers of government run health care.  We have millions of millions of people in this country who have been swamped with "compassion" from the liberal lefties.  They really believe health care will be "free" when the government is paying.

Earth to moonbats - nothing is free.  At the risk of not sounding "nice" - guess what?  I don't want to pay for your health care (even though I'm already toting a big portion of it already.) I'm tired of you cluttering up the emergency room because your kid has a cold while hard-working citizens wait for care.  I'm tired of paying your rent, bailing you out due to your bankruptcy, putting food on your table, and extending your unemployment benefits because you're too good lazy to take a lower paying job. I'm tired of supporting your houseful of illegitimate children while your "baby daddy" is off starting even more families.  I'm tired of you causing the majority of the crime and then screaming victim.  I sick and tired of paying more for an American made product because your union wages drive the prices up.    And I don't want to press 1 for English.  I'm tired of you all...

That being said ....

Red State has one of the most comprehensive overviews, including paragraph numbers for reference, of the 1900 page Pelosi monstrosity.

The Pelosi Bill: Cost, Mandates and Taxes (link)

and also from Red State Democrats Mandate Questionable Care for All Americans (link)

I'm still trying to figure out what "obesity screening" is and why it should be paid for. Shouldn't a properly trained doctor be able to take a look at his patient and make a judgment about the current state of the patient's weight?  Heck, I can take a stroll through Walmart and pass plenty of judgment.

And on to those employer mandates.  Keep your plan? Keep your doctor?  Check out this little survey The Blog Prof provided for us: 

That was fast: Majority of employers in Macomb County, MI ready to dump private healthcare insurance

 Check out your future on government run health care. 

also from The Blog Prof: Vaccination Hell: Thousands Line Up For H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine In Macomb County As Hospitals Ban Children From Visiting Hours!

A "must read" eye opener from Doug Ross at Journal:

SEIU Needs Socialized Medicine to Fill its Underfunded Pensions




 Have a safe Halloween...




All Saints Day
November 1




 God our Father, source of all holiness,
the work of Your hands is manifest in Your saints, the beauty of
Your truth is reflected in their faith.

May we who aspire to have part in their joy
be filled with the spirit that blessed their lives,
so that having shared their faith on earth
may we also know their peace in your kingdom.



Don't forget the clock thingy...spring forward, fall back, doncha know!


8 comments:

Ebeth said...

Adrienne,I'm thinking about heading up to DC this Thursday on Congresswoman Bachmann's invitation.

Not sure what is going to help us now, I posted the new HR 2918 Appropriations bill on my political 'keepingmyeartotheground' blog just now. Nice suggestions for new salaries!!!

HUGS!!!

Old Bob said...

"But, but - it's freeeeeeeeee..."

Adrienne, thank you!! I could not possibly have said it as well, let alone better. The same thing exactly is going on in Minneapolis, MN, big time.

Adrienne said...

ebeth - GO, GO, GO!!! And when you get there tell Michelle for me that I LOVE her!!

Adrienne said...

Bob - my husband just read it and asked me what I really thought. heh

Motherhen said...

You know, I never thought about the Gov. owing the healthcare telling us what type of foods we can eat, what type of things we can drink and if we're even allowed to smoke. You know we do low-carb...do you really think I'll be allowed to buy lard to fry my chicken in if this thing passes? What about heavy cream? Doubt it. Now I'm really mad. It's these little things that Americans are willing to give up to have "free" healthcare.

Happy All Saints Day!
(I'm using my google name cuz blogger seems to have a problem w/my wordpress name: Motherhen68)

Mary Ellen said...

Wait, are you telling me that I'm not going to get free health care and Obama's not going to pay my mortgage? What the heck???? And where in blue blazes is my sparkly pony he promised me? Something is fishy here....

;-)

Carlos Echevarria said...

Hey stranger

Lola said...

One day my darlings and I passed by a sign that said "Free Kittens".

My darlings started wailing, "But, mommy they're FREEEEE!!!"

I then spent a little time explaining there are no Free Kittens. Vet visits, food, grooming supplies.

Once in a while, I'll hear them say "There's no Free Kittens!"

Thank you for the Halloween Laugh and the Beautiful Mourning painting and prayer for All Souls and Saints day.