Friday, July 31, 2009

St. Ignatius and Some Linky Love...


Today is the feast day of St. Ignatius of Loyola. A number of years ago I attended the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life Retreat (SEEL) at Gonzaga University. It takes about a year to complete and the time just whipped by. It was the single most valuable thing I have ever done.

The Ignatian Spiritual Exercises are for everyone, not just Catholics. Creighton University has an on-line version that is wonderful. If you are experiencing dryness or dread (in particular over the carp coming out of Washington), the Spiritual Exercises might be just what you need.

Jean over at Catholic Fire has a wonderful and informative post on St. Ignatius including a brief biography, favorite quotes, prayers, and links.

Father Longenecker has a St. Ignatius post PLUS simple instructions on how to order his new book, The Gargoyle Code. I received my (signed) copy and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Simple, Elegant, and Delicious!

Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce (Pollo in Salsa di Limone e' Crema) from the beautiful Bella at La Bella Vita. Includes lemon, cream, and capers. What could possibly go wrong?

Tracy, A Catholic Mom in Minnesota, has daily short meditations at her blog and it always a daily stop for moi.

And from Christine over at A Catholic View we have: FRC says Catholics United is ignoring facts of health care bill and Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide...The same thing?


I should picture and reflect on myself standing in the presence of my Judge on the last day, and consider what election (choice) in the present matter I would then wish to have made. I will now choose that rule of life that I would then wish to have observed, that on the day of judgement I may be filled with happiness and joy. Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius

No comments: