Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Obama's Prime Time Presser


We certainly wouldn't want more than a week or two to go by without The One usurping the airwaves, costing the networks beau coup money, and making some of us miss our favorite programs.

Hubby just inquired if I was actually going to watch tonight. The answer was a less than happy yes. The problem though is this - since July 25th is my 19 anniversary in A.A., I'll have to watch this without a martini (three anchovy stuffed olives, please).

No congratulations ahead of the actual date. Tonight's presser may send me spiraling down into the welcome fog of alcohol again.

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I never had a weakness for alcohol, but my dad did (quit when I was a young teen), my mom did (quit with dad), my sister and brother binge here and there. . . I like a glass of wine now and again or one cocktail. My husband doesn't drink. I hate being out of control of myself . . . so I rarely tip one back. I did have an issue with a recreational in high school . . . but decided that I didn't need that any more and quit straight away. The most difficult was saying "no" to cigarettes. I haven't had one in ages and ages, but I crave them when I stress out.

So, have a cuppa coffee with me, yeah? But, I so feel for you here. Who can stand that Odamit man with his Odamit agendas . . . . without something strong to take it with???

Ken Mueller said...

What? There was a press conference? Why didn't someone tell me? Oh, so it was the usual: "Bush's fault," "If anything good happens in the future, it will be my doing," "Just think how bad things could have been had we done nothing."

Mark D. said...

I like the grape and the grain, but I don't have a problem with it. My problem is with potatoes, bread, noodles, etc. I'm a carboholic!

How was the press conference? I didn't watch. I was too busy making a late supper (t-bones grilled over charcoal, kale with ham, grilled corn on the cob -- yum!).

By the way, I like the gray background!

The blogprof said...

I missed the whole thing because I was teaching class. Left with a big smile on my face too. Students were probably wonder what the heck I was so happy about!