Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chilling Words from The One

"I want to be very clear: I will not sign on to any health plan that adds to our deficits over the next decade."

Explain to me how over 1 trillion dollars will not add to the deficit? Does he really believe that taxing the "rich", cutting Medicare (which is broke) to the bone, and health care "savings" will make up the difference? I consider myself math challenged but even I can see this is ridiculous.

He said opponents of healthcare reform "warn that this is all some big plot for socialized medicine, or government-run health care with long lines and rationed care. That's not true either."

"I don't believe that government can or should run health care. But I also don't think insurance companies should have free rein to do as they please," he said.

What he means is, "I don't think anyone should have free rein to do what they want. " This whole thing going on has nothing to do with your health care. It has everything to do with control.

source

The LA Times reminds us why we are seeing him inserting himself into the news on weekends ...

And guess what? He's flying to Cleveland on Wednesday. How about that carbon footprint, Mr. President?



2 comments:

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

I'm curious about putting "rich" in quotation marks.

I used to have a patient who made over a million dollars a year. He was totally in favor of national health care. He grew up behind the Iron Curtain, and although he came to the US in the 1990s for a variety of reasons, he was disgusted by the U.S.'s inability or unwillingness to provide health care for its citizens and he was completely willing to pay higher taxes to change that.

Adrienne said...

Elizabeth - In that case I suggest he purchase your insurance. I'll take care of myself.