Thursday, June 4, 2009

So while Obama is making nice with the Muslims and telling them how speeeeecial they are, this is what the 9th Circuit Court had to say about the Catholic Church:

Thursday June 4, 2009


Anti-Catholic San Fran City Resolution OK: 9th Circuit Court Panel

A San Francisco City Board’s resolution condemning the Catholic Church because of its moral teachings on homosexuality does not violate the Constitution’s prohibition of government hostility toward religion, says a panel on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. (See the ruling here)

The resolution refers to the Vatican as a “foreign country” meddling in the affairs of the city and proclaims the Church’s moral teaching and beliefs on homosexuality as “insulting to all San Franciscans,” “hateful,” “insulting and callous,” “defamatory,” “absolutely unacceptable,” and says that Church teaching shows “insensitivity and ignorance.”

Robert Muise, the Law Center attorney who argued the case, stated, “Our constitution plainly forbids hostility toward any religion, including the Catholic faith. In total disregard for the Constitution, homosexual activists in positions of authority in San Francisco have abused their authority as government officials and misused the instruments of the government to attack the Catholic Church. read the rest

Not Catholic and think this is not your concern? Think again. Your turn will come.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not protest;
I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)




5 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Let the illegality of being Catholic begin, we need a persecution to wake us up.

Mark D. said...

This is absolutely outrageous. Not unexpected. But outrageous nonetheless.

Mark D. said...

I just read the opinion -- and I will post on the opinion on my own blog tomorrow after I give it some thought. But my first reaction is: unbelieveable. Simply unbelieveable.

Terry Nelson said...

Everything starts in California. I have received so many hate comments and emails over these issues, it is not funny.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that they don't tolerate the church's position on homosexual sex. I thought they were all about tolerance and acceptance of other people's ideas?