Monday, December 8, 2008


Help for a Cancer Fighter

Monique McKenzie, who is my hairdresser, has been battling Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma for over a year. Her final tests, after many chemo treatments, looked great. Just a few months ago it returned and is now in her bones.

She is back on chemo and is scheduled for a bone marrow transplant in early January. Monique is 41 years old and the mother of three lovely young children. Even though they have health insurance (right now it's Cobra and we all know what that costs!), she will be off work for two months and the day to day costs are mounting up.

This is what one of her other clients, a parishioner at my church had to say about Monique,

"She has more faith than ten of me. Last year, I saw her about
every five weeks. She displayed more poise and grace than most women I know.
She lost all her hair and yet continued right on with her job as if nothing
had happened, all the while wearing wigs or cute little scarves with wisps
of her own hair sewn around the edges. She constantly looked forward to what
she would do after the treatments were over. Never once did I hear or see a
"poor me" or "why me" from Monique. She's the same way now - looking forward
to what she's going to do when this is all over, including a vacation for

her kids next summer."

Anything you could donate to help would be much appreciated. Small amounts of one or two dollars add up really fast. Click on the convenient donate button below.

God bless all of you....






100% of donations go directly to Monique

No comments: