Friday, December 28, 2007


Real Author Caught Lurking

Banjo and Mitch Finley are two words that seem to go together. Never mind the 300 gazillion Catholic books he has written or his many other achievements. Ask Mitch what he is most proud of, besides his brilliant wife, and he will tell you it is being able to play the banjo.

Mitch’s writing style is easy to read and equally easy to understand. His book on the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit is one of my favorites. Kathy’s, Savoring God: Praying With All Our Senses, is excellent. Sorry Kathy – I still don’t like that cover.

Go visit Mitch and Kathy at their website and you can even hear Mitch playing his banjo on the download page.

Hey Mitch,
Q: What do you say to the banjo player in the three-piece suit?
A: Will the defendant please rise.


Since my editor is spending the evening with Mitch, I will have to take a leap of faith and actually do a post without editorial oversight. Spell check is wonderful but I'm in need of "comma check."

9 comments:

Tom in Vegas said...

I'm sorry to say that up until I read your post I had not heard of this duo.

I checked out the cover of Savoring God and I DID like it:0)

Now, as to which book to start with...

TOM

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

I'll have to look into this site some more.

Adrienne said...

Oh please, Tom. You're just saying that to be contrary!!!

Guess what I'm getting for my birthday (New Years Eve) PHOTOSHOP!!!! Yea!!

gemoftheocean said...

Yeah, butt spell cheque is know picnic either. I here their are people who think awl ewe need is spell cheque and they're posts still come out out goofy.

Karen
[Hay, I still owe you a letter! I haven't forgotten!]

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

You know, banjos aren't that bad. It could be these guys: Click here

Adrienne said...

AA - perfect pitch is the sound a banjo makes when it hits an accordion in the dumpster. ROTFLMAO

Sorry, Mitch and Harold.

Tom in Vegas said...

Auntie Adrinne-

I wasn't saying it to be contradictive, but you just gave me a second reason for liking the cover:0)

Mitch and Kathy Finley said...

Adrienne,
Thanks for the kind words, and the exercise in humility, too... :-) Kathy and I appreciate it no end...

Mitch

kritterc said...

Just dropped into your site and was intrigued. I am a convert and am interested in learning all I can about our faith, but big words scare me to death!! I take it s-l-o-w-l-y!
Peace and Blessings!!